Thank you for your interest in our Summer Camps! We are pleased to offer this care to any child aged 5 - 12 who is in school, including two snacks and a lunch!
Please see below for our Summer Camp Schedule (all trips and guests are tentative depending on availability):
Monday, July 1 - Friday, July 5 (Monday is a holiday): Building and Construction Week (Lego Adventures comes to the centre);
Monday, July 8 - Friday, July 12: Nature and Exploration Week (Ray’s Reptiles comes to the centre);
Monday, July 16 - Friday, July 20: World of Water Week (Trip to Westmount Splashpad):
Monday, July 22 - Friday, July 26: Play and Adventures Week (Trip to the Halifax Common Playground aka "the Commons", as well as walks to nearby playgrounds on other days);
Monday, July 30 - Friday, August 3: Summer Olympics Week (Trip to Bayers Road Bowlarama);
Monday, August 5, - Friday, August 9 (Monday is a holiday): Physically Fit and Active Week (Trip to Happy Kids Indoor Playground);
Monday, August 12 to Friday, August 16: Science and Discovery Week (Mad Science comes to the daycare);
Monday, August 19 - Friday, August 23: Trees and the Environment Week (Trip to Point Pleasant Park);
Monday, August 26 - Friday, August 30: Unearthing New Wonders Week (Tentative trip to the Museum of Natural History).
*We will also offer care for the first few days of September before school re-opens. No guarantees will be made on whether or not care can be provided on these days until later in the summer, due to high September enrolment. Priority for this week will be given to families signing up for our Before and Afterschool program offered at Burton Ettinger, Duc d’Anville and Fairview Heights for the 2019-20 school year. If you need a guaranteed service earlier than we can provide it for these days, please make other arrangements. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 7:00 - 5:30. You will be able to sign-up in the following ways:
- Sign up for all 9 weeks of the summer;
- Sign up for full weeks at a time (for example, maybe you only need care 5 of the 9 weeks);
- Sign up for set days (for example, maybe you need every Monday and Wednesday);
- Sign up for random days (for example, maybe you are hoping for a day here and there but the days will not be consistent).
- *Please note priority will be given to those signing up for the full summer, full weeks, and set days. Random days will be made available as a last resort to fill any vacancies.
- *Please note: if you sign up for the full summer and/or a full week and/or set days, and your child is absent any of the days, monies will not be refunded and credits will not be provided, as you have signed up for that space for the specified time period.
- *Please note: if you sign up for a week with a holiday your price will remain the same for a full week as any other week.
Please see below for incentives:
- Sign up for all 9 weeks of the summer and receive one day free during your first week!
- Refer a family member or friend who signs up for any week (or weeks) of the summer and receive one day free during your first week!
- If your child attended The Children's Garden as a Preschooler or Toddler, receive one day free during your first week!
- *Please note: one-day-free for referrals will be awarded for a total of two days free. Any more than two referrals are greatly appreciated but cannot be rewarded with a free day.
The Summer Camp program will be invoiced monthly. See below:
- Summer Camp fees will be due on the 1st of each month. For example, even if you sign up for a week at the end of the August, you will be charged on the 1st of August.
- A weekly rate of $170.00. Please be advised if you sign up for a week when there is an outing or a special guest you will be charged up to a maximum of an additional $10.00/trip, depending on the cost of the trip (admission fee, bus ticket etc). You will not be asked to pay this more than once in a given week, meaning the most you will pay for any given week (excluding any late fees for pickup after 5:30) is $170.00.
- A daily rate of $34.00. Please be advised if you sign up for a week when there is an outing or a special guest, and your child is registered for the day of the outing or guest, you will be charged up to a maximum of an additional $10.00/trip, depending on the cost of the trip (admission fee, bus ticket, etc).
- *Please note: First priority will be given to those willing to sign up for set days in a given week and/or continuous weeks. If you are looking for random days you will be put on a waitlist and contacted.
If you have any questions at all, please contact us to inquire! We will be happy to answer any of your questions! We look forward to seeing you in the summer months!